The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:28
You can't predict the tenacity of the Aussies particularly when they are one down in the series. It always seems simplitic to put the Third Test down to a poor performance of the England. Lets give credit to a fine performance to the Aussies.

Simon

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Asa scot I was not surprised to see the result of the third test. It always astonishes me that certain spots people seem to think they should brag before the issue has been decided. If ever a team was riding for a fall it was the current English cricket side who gave the impression they only had to turn up at the WACA to win the match. This attitude has always been the best way to lose a match so many congratulations to Australia.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:28
After day 1...Perth, apparently didn't happen and normal services have now been resumed

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Was is it the first night of the pommes?

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
After day 2..... and bowing to the inevitable, one must pay credit to South Africa B for retaining the Ashes

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Hey, did you think we would not go out sledging all the way?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 13:28
Asa scot I was not surprised to see the result of the third test. It always astonishes me that certain spots people seem to think they should brag before the issue has been decided. If ever a team was riding for a fall it was the current English cricket side who gave the impression they only had to turn up at the WACA to win the match. This attitude has always been the best way to lose a match so many congratulations to Australia.

Well its retained now - thats good enough for me.

This attitude before its even started has always been the best way to fail in a series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rM9j5j2IKg

groengoen

Registered User.
Local time
Poor ol' Ricky. He will be looking for another job soon, blindfolded or not. Can't you really empathise with the Aussies, like they do when they beat someone else.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:28
Link doesn't seem to work

Try this one clicky

David Eagar said:
Hey, did you think we would not go out sledging all the way?

Wouldn't expect anything less ;) but to be serious what has happened to the Aussies? As much as I respect (a little) Ricky Ponting through gritted teeth I think England has seriously got under his skin and he looks like he's loosing it.

Roll on 3-1 and put that final nail in Ponting's coffin :p

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Try this one clicky

Wouldn't expect anything less ;) but to be serious what has happened to the Aussies? As much as I respect (a little) Ricky Ponting through gritted teeth I think England has seriously got under his skin and he looks like he's loosing it.

I think this has finally exposed (if loosing twice in England hadn't already) Ponting's captaincy - He is not very good strategically and with age, his batting is going off.

For me, Mark Taylor was a much better captain, and even when he had a form slump, the team still played well and win, loose or draw, he always did it with grace.

I find it very interesting that having derided the Pommy selection process for so many years, we are now guilty of the same mistakes. Hopefully this 'disaster' will lead to a ruthless cleanout from top to bottom, starting with the selectors.

Mind you, it must be pointed out England won the ashes, not Australia lost them - they have played VERY well

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Try this one clicky

Or on the other hand, to quote the great Rampaging Roy Slaven

Too old, Too slow, Too stupid !!!!!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I was living in Sydney when the Ozzies slaughtered us in the test series in 1974. The stick I took (being English), was phenominal. Thommo and Lilley blew us away.

It's nice we retained the ashes in Oz. Well done the lads.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom