Internet Explorer 10 (1 Viewer)

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:08
I have just been offerred IE10 via windows Update. It hang - I tried to stop it, that didn't work so forced a Process Termination then my laptop wouldn't shut-down except for removing all power sources.

Fortunately I have reliable browsers such as FireFox, Safari and Chrome so I do not need IE except for cross-platform compatibility.

IE10 installation even changed the Windows Explorer settings so it looks at the Libraries - does Microsoft think we use our systems as a god damn toy!

I would suggest that you avoid IE10 use you have so use for it.

Just to add after aborting the Installation of IE10 and unclicking the update I still received the IE10 update. I can not discern what has changed. If this is meant to be a leap forward I really don't see changing so little is going to convert users to IE.

Simon

Last edited:

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:08
I may have a tad impatient!

But under Windows 7 I do not see what has changed!

Firefox et al seem to do regular updates without so much fanfane!

Simon

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:08
... updates to IE10 are generally speaking under the hood. Most of the updates are to close known problems, not for aesthetics.

Updates to the same major version are for known problems but new major versions are for enhancements. IE10 has substantially better performance than earlier versions.

Firefox and Chrome rarely bother with minor updates which is why they are up to major version numbers in the twenties now.

Some plugin developers have given up on Firefox because they are tired of having to test and upgrade their software every six weeks to keep up with the major version releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom