Moving a group of objects when hiding others (1 Viewer)

MightyCat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:02
Hi All

I am building a form where I would like to group fields into 3 groups, A, B & C. I know I could put all groups on their own subforms but I'd like to see if there is a way to simplify it all on one form since there aren't much fields for each group.

I would also like to hide each group when the user clicks 'hide group A' and shift Group B & C up. Then move them back to their original position when 'Display Group A' is clicked.

Same for each group. If Group B - Hide is clicked, Group C is moved up.

I've got each group tagged appropriately and I can hide/display them all properly by a For Each Control loop. Now, how to I move them all up/down a specific amount in addition to that? I would think it would be just as easy but my objects are moving by using the Grid Y property

Thanks!

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:02
Perhaps you could use a tab control with a tab for each group.

MightyCat

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. I actually started going that way I'd also like all of it to display if they want it all and with a tab group, then that wouldn't be an option.

Good idea though. Thank you

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:02
Thanks. I actually started going that way I'd also like all of it to display if they want it all and with a tab group, then that wouldn't be an option.

Good idea though. Thank you
You could show all on a 4th tab

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 22:02
Don't move things around. People, subconciously, use all kinds of clues in the user interface, and one of the clues is a field's position. When relevant, you can make bits visible=false, or, better, enabled=false.

MightyCat

Registered User.
Local time
The whole point is to make the interface collapsable, expandable depending on if the user wants to see each group. For this particular app, it's to shift fields up when hiding objects

BlueIshDan

☠
Local time
Today, 17:02
post a picture of your forum and highlight which controls you wish to move and where :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom