How can I load an image via URL into an Access report? (1 Viewer)

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:30
I am trying to load images (logos) into Access reports from a MySQL database (via image path).

I already tried the simple approach with "X.picture = URL.jpg" but apparently Access cannot open jpgs following this procedure.

I have already searched a lot in forums etc., but I didn't find anything working yet. I don't want to save the logos on my disk since the application is used by several users.

Thank you for help in advance! FRANK

Last edited:

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:30
Save the images and use the saved images.

Simon

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
That rather sounds like a work around - do you know/have an existing script for that?

Nobody knows how to display images withouth saving them on the hard disk?

Thanks!

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
I have tried to load an image with the help of a webbrowser control into the report, but it worked only for forms. In reports I got only a black rectangle.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
I have system that creates content on the web some 16,000 images. I would never contemplate using a WAN image when it is so easy to Save Image As! It's only a logo!

Simon

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Well - if every company worldwide would have the same logo, the Save as solution would be absolutely ok.

If an application is used by different users/providers it is necessary to offer a flexible solution where e.g. the path to the image can be changed by the user.

So - can somebody recommend code etc. to me where images where saved to the disk from a URL and then loaded into the report from the disk?

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
This is who I treat images. Not only do I use stock images but also logos, gradient images, Form headers.

The later category create a directory like : C:\Databases\Livery

Then put all your Logo images into that directory. Then create a image control and select your image. I always link the Image although the default is Embed. Change this before collecting the logo.

Tip: If you are trying to emulate a Letterhead, create a "header" SubReport so that all the reports use that SubReport that way you only need to create it once and then add this SubReport to any Report that needs it.

Simon

Max D

Registered User.
Local time
I know that this is dirty trick, but you can connect Access to MySQL database via a sort of ODBC connector and pull this image and other things from da DB )))

Max D

Registered User.
Local time
A small update here. We have added web image display to AccessImagine control.

Just place it on form/report and bind to URLs field. Also VBA load supported - Pic.LoadFile "http://mysite.com/image1.jpg"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom