MS Access - Azure SQL ODBC Connection (1 Viewer)

alevin16

Local time
Today, 13:38
I have a front end MS Access database connected to SQL Azure backend. I have used Sagekey to create an installation package out of the program so that I can give it to our users and I don't have to worry about them knowing how to use Access.

When I install the Sagekey-ed program a SQL Server Login window comes up in order to make the connection. I don't want to have my users having to put in the long server name and admin ID/password.

Is there a way in VBA to fill the box or to make the connection trusted? I am an intermediate level programmer so you can see I am banging my head over this.

Any help is appreciated! :banghead:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:38
On your own PC, create a File DSN and use that to link the tables. Be sure to check the save password box so the password gets saved. Distribute the DSN with the SageKey package. I don't know offhand where they are stored or how to register them (if necessary) but this is a no-code solution so you might want to see if you can make it work.

alevin16

Local time
Thank you! I am going to give that a shot. I really appreciate the help.:D

alevin16

Local time
Hey there

Actually I never solved it. I handed it off to the people at Sagekey and they worked their magic. I would highly recommend working with them. They are terrific. If you do call tell Barry that Andy sent you (he'll probably charge you double :D)

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom