Security update for Office 2010(KB4484127) (1 Viewer)

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Today, 11:13
I have been bugged by the MS update Office 2010: Description of the security update for Office 2010: November 12, 2019 (KB4484127) as posted on https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-corrupt-fad205a5-9fd4-49f1-be83-f21636caedec.

I am able to change some of the code that did not like this update and cannot wait until they fix it as they say (hopefully) by November 29th.

Unfortunately I also have some SQL code that is built in to various procedures. An example of this is:

Code:
 SQL = "UPDATE tblRegularInvoices2" & " " & _
  "Set CheckNextMonth = True" & "," & " " & _
  "SpecialBilling = True" & "," & " " & _
  "Remove = True" & " " & _
  "WHERE RecordID = " & DMinA
My question is do I have to change this to first make a query from [tblRegularInvoices2] and then amend this SQL statement also? Or did the error only occur from a query not a SQL statement. It is hard for me to test this as the database is on a server and I am on a remote terminal and cannot directly access or test the DB.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:13
FWIW I saw what I thought was a slick and simple work around - basically updating the sql statement. Something like
UPDATE (SELECT * FROM tbl) SET....

I think the post was about an Update sql in code that referred to a query rather than it being entirely in code but I can't recall for sure. It was at AccessForums.net if you care to search there.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
FWIW I saw what I thought was a slick and simple work around - basically updating the sql statement. Something like
UPDATE (SELECT * FROM tbl) SET....

I think the post was about an Update sql in code that referred to a query rather than it being entirely in code but I can't recall for sure. It was at AccessForums.net if you care to search there.
Hi Micron. That was also mentioned by Colin in the same thread as in the link I posted above. Cheers!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:13
Oh. Your link only shows one response, not the whole thread. I find it difficult to find the beginning when that happens.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Oh. Your link only shows one response, not the whole thread. I find it difficult to find the beginning when that happens.
Sorry, yes, it's a direct link to the post with the download. And here's the direct link to Colin's post I mentioned. But to view the complete thread, click on the link on the top right labeled: "Access error - query is corrupt"

Last edited:

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
I am going to try that today. Definitely would save a lot of work for me.

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
I have updated the code per your suggestions and tested it. It seems to work OK. Was actually very simple to convert the SQL statements.

I won't know until Monday afternoon when the user runs her monthly reports it it indeed does work OK.

Your help is much appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Glad to hear that. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom