Customizable Invoice Format in Locked environemnt (1 Viewer)

taifoor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:06
Dear All,

I have designed ann invoice form where user enters data like inventory, quantity, rate etc. The form has its own formatting that is not changable.

Now i want the user to print that form data i.e invoice in a format that he can design or change by himself. However, I do not allow users to go to design view of report/form as in design view they can see all the tables and data.

So, whats the solution as to only allow user to format and add fields in report to print invoice in their defined format.

I also want user to define multiple formats and can select from drop down a single format and print that format invoice by clicking button next to it.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 13:06
You really shouldn't print forms, you should use a report object. Of course that doesn't help your issue.

Honestly what you want to achieve is not possible. They need to get to design view to make their own formats. Any other solution involves you easentially recreating the Report functionality of Access within Access itself.its a fools errand.

With that said, a compromise might be teaching them how to do a mail merge in Word. That way they can have full formatting control in an environment t they know and then use access to feed it data.

taifoor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:06
Yes. Is it possible that I make print button in which on click event opens up an excel file already stored at backend path. Then user can add remove fields there and make invoice format as the way they want.

Please note that i also wants a format like Main form and subform. That is One invoice with many items to sell.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:06
it would be a useful facility, but I guess it's not so easy in a .de database.

It isn't particularly easy to design complicate reports in the first place, so it would be even harder for a user.

I tend to offer a gradually increasing set of parameter-driven invoice variants, where the user can select whichever one he wants. So I have to design the additional layouts, but once designed they are generally available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom