Update information in subforms automatically from main form (1 Viewer)

RemoteSiteMed

Local time
Today, 16:33
OK here I go. I have been bashing my head against a wall trying to sort this out and its driving me nuts :banghead:.

I am relatively new to Access and there are some things I just cant get around.
I am attempting to create a patient tracking database for a clinic I work in and I am stuck at one small but major part.

I have a parent form called frm_Patient_index. On this form you can enter patient details such as personal details, observations ect. I need to create a lab request form for certain tests to be performed.
I want so that a button on the frm_patient_index form opens a subform where the relevent tests can be requested via tick boxes. Now here is my problem I have managed to create all of that except for the information to be entered into the frm_lab_request automatically and get SAVED to its corresponding table. It will not save for me. I can get the information such as Badge Number, First Name, Surname and DOB to all enter into the fields automatically but getting them to save to the table is not happening.

I would really really appreciate some help with this ASAP.

thanks in advance!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:33
I have a parent form called frm_Patient_index. On this form you can enter patient details such as personal details, observations ect. I need to create a lab request form for certain tests to be performed.
I want so that a button on the frm_patient_index form opens a subform where the relevent tests can be requested via tick boxes. Now here is my problem I have managed to create all of that except for the information to be entered into the frm_lab_request automatically and get SAVED to its corresponding table. It will not save for me. I can get the information such as Badge Number, First Name, Surname and DOB to all enter into the fields automatically but getting them to save to the table is not happening.

I would really really appreciate some help with this ASAP.

thanks in advance!
Did you set the control source to the corresponding field in the table, (for me it sound like you are using a unbound form, then you need to set the form's Recordsource to the table/query which contain the correct fields).

RemoteSiteMed

Local time
Today, 16:33
Did you set the control source to the corresponding field in the table, (for me it sound like you are using a unbound form, then you need to set the form's Recordsource to the table/query which contain the correct fields).

Yes I have set the control sources to the appropreate feilds in the corresponding table. And the recordsource is also set properly.

To be clear, Any data that I manually put into the sub-form will find its way to the table, however if I put something in automatically i.e. based on the current record then it doesnt work. That data WILL NOT save to the table. :(

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:33
To be clear, Any data that I manually put into the sub-form will find its way to the table, however if I put something in automatically i.e. based on the current record then it doesnt work. That data WILL NOT save to the table. :(
How do you put it in automatically, query, recordset or ...?
And where do you put it, in a control on the form, directly in the table?
If it is a control on a form, what is the control source for the control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom