ChrisO - Update On Condition (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 16:14
A while back, ChrisO, one of our long-time members and a member of the moderating staff here on AWF, informed the staff he was suffering from Mesothelioma. He informed us that at a critical moment, Rainlover, another long-time member, would keep us informed on his condition.

Rainlover, as promised, has brought along an update on the condition of ChrisO.

Vassago thanks for re posting.

For those who did not know ChrisO, one of our long term members is currently very ill.

By trade Chris is an Instrument Maker. I am not exactly sure what he did but in the early days he was required to work with steam. It was common in those days to wrap the pipes in an insulation cloth that was partly made of asbestos.

Early this year he was complaining of some pain which has turned out to be a kind of Cancer that is a result of working with this asbestos.

Chris has now admitted himself into hospital. I went in to see him at dinner time tonight. He cannot properly feed himself and he also is not sure of his surroundings as he is on strong medication.

I will keep you informed from time to time through Vassago.

Rain Lover

This is very sad news. I'm hoping everyone at AWF will keep ChrisO and his friends/family in your thoughts and/or prayers. :(

Vassago

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:14
Oh my! I had no idea that Chris was ill. I assumed otherwise.

This is sad to hear! He'll definitely be in my prayers.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:14
Very sad indeed. I often looked at his code examples -- classes, seating arrangements etc -- to get some inspiration on trying harder and getting into more details and just understanding more.

I wish him all the best.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Dreadful news. I don't know ChrisO personally, but I have learnt much from his frequent posts here. I'm sure that I can speak for everyone hear in wishing him well.
I am not given to praying often, but I shall certainly be doing so on his behalf.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Chris is one of the good guys, his posts are always clear, I hope that he can be helped.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom