Macro - password is invalid (1 Viewer)

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:52
Hi

I created a number of macros and they have all been working really well until now. They run but will not send. The message I get is.

The password is invalid; the message has not been sent

Has anyone ever come across this? Not sure what I am looking for apart from a password which none of them have. I am using a corporate system.

Thanks guys as always
Hope you are all well. :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Am I right in assuming you are trying to send an email?
If so you need all the email settings including the account user name and PASSWORD!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:52
Further to Colin's comments, could you step back and tell us what you are trying to do --in simple terms.
Remember we know nothing of you or your environment, so use simple terms and avoid jargon.

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
The macros I have written are all for reports from access to go out to various people. I have set them up to run as PDFs and just email out to each person they need to go to. The only other setting I used was to say no to Edit Message.

They have worked for weeks if not months and now they have stopped with the message saying: Password Invalid: Message was not sent. When you click ok the Macro Single Message box appears with:

EMailDatabaseObject Error 2296

3, CDM Determined by Team, PDFFormat(*.pdf), emailaddresstakenout; , , , CDM and AMD Performance for Strategic Growth, Please find enclosed your teams performance with regards to CDMs and AMDs applications, No,

That is what is happening. Hope this helps. Thank you again.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
So if there is no password on the PDFs then the email password has changed or the user name doesn't match the password

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
So if there is no password on the PDFs then the email password has changed or the user name doesn't match the password

The weird thing is that there are no passwords that I have programmed on anything, certainly not on the PDF. We do not have passwords on our emails. We obviously have a general log in password to access our systems. I am assuming some sort of MS upgrade has been done that has affected the general settings in the email system and the macro cannot get the email program to open because it IS looking for some sort of password. Does that make sense. Thank you Ridders, great to see you on here. :)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:52
Who would know if there has been some system/MS upgrade?

We do not have passwords on our emails. But you have some sort of login and perhaps that's related??? I have NOT done much with outlook for many years, so may be off base.

Do you have a development/test environment to investigate the problem?

Is this part of the error message or is this (jargonese) part of the email body?
3, CDM Determined by Team, PDFFormat(*.pdf), emailaddresstakenout; , , , CDM and AMD Performance for Strategic Growth, Please find enclosed your teams performance with regards to CDMs and AMDs applications, No,

I found this on another forum from 2008, it may be helpful??

So this is how the problem got solved...

When using the DoCdm.SendObject method, Access goes to Control Panel / Internet Option / Programs, and searches for the default e-mail setting.

If this setting is different than your real e-mail software ( Lotus Notes, OutLook Express,...) ,Access will try to open an unavailable e-mail software and throw error # 2296 - Invalid password.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If it's not what JDraw suggests , it sounds as if your domain account is locked, or in a state that requires a password change.

Either will have the effect of disabling Outlooks ability to send, and will make it ask for your credentials.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
In a business environment such as yours (Plymouth City Council if I remember right), I would be incredulous if no passwords were needed in the email account settings. In fact I would be very concerned about security!

The individual user in such an environment wil of course never need to know anything about the settings ... unless they are developing apps to send emails.

If you are sending emails from Access using CDO, you may find my email tester utility useful for testing settings. If any settings are wrong it will give an error message which you can look up in the supplied help file & use that to inform you about the changes needed

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=293368

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom