accde stopped working! - had to recompile (nothing changed) (1 Viewer)

bignose2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
Office 365. Window 10.
Not aware of any windows or office updates.

start my database MyDatabase.accde /runtime
BE on networked computer.

Hi,
Over a week ago my database just would not start. I can't remember the error but something about using a different version &/or not having permission. Click OK & it just exited out.

BE data was fine.
I could immediately load and run from my accdb design version.
Not done any changes for a while & been running this version for months.

Tried office repair not helped.
The only think that worked was a fresh save of the accde from my design copy.
All working fine after. I thought perhaps a corruption of the file although not had that for years & not aware of any crashes. Is an SSD.

Forgot about it but about a 10 days later/today it happened on different Window 8 PC. Same Office 365.
This is the main PC with actually had the BE locally.
Urgently needed so did not have time to investigate (annoyingly I meant to keep a backup of the accde but accidentally overwrote it with a new copy in my haste)

This is now working fine

I really would like to know what might have caused this as if I am not around to do again !!! & if anyone else had similar problems.
I suspect an office update, not noticed one but just don't understand how it could suddenly stop an accde from working & nothing more than re-saving a design copy would fix.

Absolutely nothing has change, permissions or anything (that I am aware of)
network sure fine, all wired gigabit, no interuptions and can see as I have cameras on all the time. I could see the data on the BE & open & this was fine & not corrupted. I could immediately load and run from my accdb design version. anyway after 2nd failing network not involved.
virus checked etc & nothing else behaving odd.

Would really appreciate any ideas.

many thanks I/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom