subform (1 Viewer)

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:48
Hi all, I am using an unbound form to select the data in my subform and save it in my table, I have a textbox and search button on my form, so i will have to key in the PO number then click on search so that the subform will display all the record set that is under that PO number.
Next the issue is that after i click save to save the record to my table, it will refresh the subform table, with that i will have to key in the same PO number and search again before i can continue saving other record set that is under that PO number to my table.

How can i prevent the table from refreshing? so that even if i save, the subform will still show the other record that has not been saved in my table?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:48
i don't understand your question?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Nor me.

Is that the same
unbound form
as in all your other posts or do you have an infinite supply of them lining up to cause you difficulties? ;)

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:48
what I mean is that when I key in the PO number in the textbox and click search on my form, my subform will return the result.
There will be multiple records under one PO, hence I will select one of the records and click on " edit" so that it will populate the record in the textbox fields.
After making amendment to the record, i will click on "save". However, when i "Save" it will clear all the fields which includes refreshing my subform. With that, in order to edit other record under the PO number that i have search earlier on, will be gone.
Hence, I will have to key in the same PO number over again. How do i prevent that to happen?

I have attached my subform below to let you all have a clearer understanding.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 42

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
How do I prevent that?

Easy. Change it to a bound form...
Sorry but I couldn't resist that. And its true.

BTW I'm not sure how the screengrab is meant to help understanding..

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If it's an unbound form, then the only way the search box contents are erased is because you are clearing them out in code.

So don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom