vb.net and excel formatting. (1 Viewer)

FireStrike

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:35
I have a question, and am not sure where to put it. I currently have an application that is currently an access app, but will need to be ported to vb.net. The problem I am having is that it creates an excel report. To format this report I simply created macro's in excel and pasted them into my access form. stuff like centering in cells, and changing the font and so on. I am told that this will not work in vb.net. Does anyone know how to change excel formats using vb.net. the other problem I have is that I do not have a copy of vb.net to test this with. unfortunatly, this means it must be correct without any testing, or trial and error:(

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:35
You can Download VB.Net 2005 for free of the Microsoft web site.

skea

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:35
You need to know how to first Export to Excel before you know how to format.
The question is, have you tried expoting to excel, if so then you can as well do the formatting as you do inside the Macros.

But if its for reporting issues, i would rather advise you use some repoting tools. .NET comes with Reporting services, Access has a free reporting system too. But if you really need to do this whole application in VB.NET, i would rather you go for crystal reports or another custom reporting tool out there.

Last edited:

cikaPero

Local time
Today, 05:35
Hi,

if you are looking for easier and faster way to generate Excel files,
I recommend you take a look at GemBox.Spreadsheet Excel VB.NET library.

It supports various cell data types, custom number formatting, cell styles, font formatting etc. through simple and intuitive API.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:35
Hi,

if you are looking for easier and faster way to generate Excel files,
I recommend you take a look at GemBox.Spreadsheet Excel VB.NET library.

It supports various cell data types, custom number formatting, cell styles, font formatting etc. through simple and intuitive API.

Very Nice...! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom