Hello, everyone (1 Viewer)

Garook

Local time
Yesterday, 21:56
Hello,

I'm a government employee trying to use Access to provide data management solutions in lieu of customized software. I primarily use an ODBC connection to tap into the "back door" of an existing, older database tool called Archibus. We use that to track lease information related to properties we manage.

Most of my Access knowledge is self taught from reading forums like this and asking questions. I've designed a couple of rudimentary databases, but have always looked back at them with a mixture of awe and disbelief that they worked at all as I learned more and advanced my understanding of Access.

I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of SQL and the answer to the "why's" that come up when I'm trying to build a new query or macro or module.

Thanks in advance for all your help, and I hope to be able to contribute meaningful questions and the occasional response.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:56
Hi. Welcome to the forum!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
Welcome, Garook. I am an ex-contractor for the US Navy, so I understand tracking things for government. I didn't recall something called Archibus so I looked it up. It works with a bunch of things, but if you can make it in with ODBC, you should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom