Local time
Today, 02:29
Can anyone recommend a good ext hard drive? I was looking at this one:

Link

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:29
I can recommend this one (designed by Porsche :cool: ) or the one we have at work clicky (I know it's more expensive but it is a 250GB drive so frantastic value for money)

KenHigg

Local time
Minkey said:
I can recommend this one (designed by Porsche :cool: ) or the one we have at work clicky (I know it's more expensive but it is a 250GB drive so frantastic value for money)

Hum the maxtor one looks good, thanks, I'll take a look... I would like to not have to load any drivers if I need to use it on a odd machine every now and then. Plus I don't want to have to drag around a transformer power supply...

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:29
The maxtor one doesn't need any drivers but it does have power supply, though it's not very big (8cm x 5cm x 3cm approx) or heavy

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:29
KenHigg said:
Can anyone recommend a good ext hard drive? I was looking at this one:

Link

I recently bought a Canyon USB 80 Gb ext harddisk for around €90 in a local shop around the corner. Good stuff and very reliable. The development of these USB HD's is so fast , that they now have a 160GB or even an 250Gb for about € 120,00. Wish I had waited some weeks while I bought the 80Gb.
While talking about ext HD's, I'm trying to boot my computer from the HD, but haven't found a way around this yet. Would you know how to do that.

Last edited:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:29
Thanks for that Dan,
I will have a look at it when I'm back home.

Cheers, Ron

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
The best place I've found for computer components is http://www.newegg.com. I bought a cavalry 300 gb external sata hard drive with usb, which is one of the cheapest they carry. Cavalry uses Maxtor hard drives for their external drives, and they are much cheaper than Maxtor brand of external hard drives. I've had no problems with it, even sits cool while copying large files to it for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom