Crystal Query executed when Previewed in crystal Client (1 Viewer)

adutt

Local time
Today, 12:47
Hi,
I have a crystal report in which there is a dynamic prompt.In the prompt screen this value is populated through a command object say Command 1. I have another command object Command 2 which actually fetches the report data. The command 2 object also depend on some static parameter values which come up on the parameter screen.When I preview the report in crystal client Both Command1 and Command2 gets executed before the parameter screen appears. Whereas only command1 is required to generate the parameter screen. Command 2 gets executed with the value to the static parameters as their default value.Since Command2 also gets exceuted before the prompt screen appears, it causes the prompt screen to appear only after a long wait. Thus in essence command2 get executed twice during the exceution of the report, once before the parameter screen screen and once after we fill up the parameter screen and hit ok. How can we get command2 not to run before the parameter screen comes up? Any help will be highly appreciated....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom