Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > Windows

Old 04-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
Dick7Access
Dick S

Dick7Access is on a distinguished road
Win 10 win explorer internet link

I have been telling my wife for years she canít have a link in windows explorer (win10) to take her to a web page. I made a db with a link field that can take her to whatever web page inspires her little heart. Oops! all of a sudden one show up in one of her folder. I had to have put it there because she canít put stuff in win explorer. I have no idea how it got there. I have googled for hours and canít come up with anything that works. Help me out.

Dick7Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
ridders
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,418 Posts
ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice
Re: Win 10 win explorer internet link

You can do this on the desktop or anywhere you like in explorer.

Click and hold an empty space on the screen, click New...Shortcut...then type an web address or use one of the list of recent pages that appear in the dropdown list that appears.

New example databases:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nil illegitimi carborundum est
ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:07 AM   #3
Gasman
Access newbie

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about

You can even just drag the url icon to the desktop or a folder.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:36 AM   #4
ridders
Part time moderator

ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
You can even just drag the url icon to the desktop or a folder.
I didn't mention that approach as it doesn't work using Edge (at least for me)
However, it does work using Chrome, Firefox & IE and is definitely the easiest method from those browsers

I wonder why the functionality was removed from Edge

New example databases:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-29-2018, 06:26 AM   #5
Gasman
Access newbie

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about

Nor for me Colin. However I only use the Microsoft Recommended Browser as a last resort.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
Dick7Access
Dick S

Dick7Access is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridders View Post
You can do this on the desktop or anywhere you like in explorer.

Click and hold an empty space on the screen, click New...Shortcut...then type an web address or use one of the list of recent pages that appear in the dropdown list that appears.
Yes, I have some on the desk top already, its on win explorer (formerly file manager) that I can't insert a link.
Dick7Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
ridders
Part time moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
Nor for me Colin. However I only use the Microsoft Recommended Browser as a last resort.
Ditto - I normally use Chrome, but you may remember the endless problems I had with Edge resetting itself as the default PDF reader.
As a result Edge does get some use.
As indeed does IE as no matter what browser you use, certain VBA functions use IE to download files e.g. Google static maps

New example databases:

Colin

Old 04-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #8
ridders
Part time moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick7Access View Post
Yes, I have some on the desk top already, its on win explorer (formerly file manager) that I can't insert a link.
Which browser are you using?

New example databases:

Colin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: