Problem when running macro (1 Viewer)

AkshayKS

Local time
Today, 06:10
Hi all, I've inherited a database from someone who has now left and having problems extracting some data. Basically I have a table of several fields that is generated when running a macro.

This results in a table with several columns, one of them being an account number consisting of 8 digits. Some of these field values have been recorded as a text string and are not being brought through by the macro.

I have tried to work around this by changing the string to a 1, and also a 1, followed by 7 zero's but they are still missing from the extract.

Can anyone advise on a solution please?

Linux_Geek

Local time
Hi AkshayKS,

Without seeing the database it is very hard to judge what the issue is.

If you want I can take a look if you attach the db.

AkshayKS

Local time
Hi there thanks for the reply. It's quite a large db at 500mb so unsure if I can attach something that big?

AkshayKS

Local time
I do but being a work related database doubt I can upload it without breaching data protection so will try and remove any unrelated tables and queries. I'll reply back if I can sort that first.

AkshayKS

Local time
Hi there just set up my dropbox account and have uploaded the db. I assume I need to send the shared link via email? If so could you PM me your email address please?

Thanks in advance.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:10
you can create a simple Select Query
to show only those offending acctno.
there you can edit it manually or
by using function or another query.

SELECT acctno.ID, acctno.acctno, Format([acctno],"00000000") AS Expr1
FROM acctno
WHERE (((Format([acctno],"00000000")) Not Like "[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]"));

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom