Hooked on GoT (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:13
I waited until the 5th season to start watching based on a friends recommendation. Since then I have waited impatiently for each new book and episode.

This latest episode did not disappoint. Not sure if it is as popular in the rest of the world, but in Casa di Clark, it reigns supreme...

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
LOL each new book? The last Song of Ice and Fire book to be published (A Dance With Dragons) came out three months into the first season of Game of Thrones. :p

We've been waiting for The Winds of Winter for nearly 8 years now, and there's still no release date on the horizon.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Well then Frothy, you will be pleased to learn of Fire & Blood, a 300 year prequel to Song of Fire and ice, copyright 2018. A bit of a chore getting through the blood line but worth the effort...you’re welcome!

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Except that it's a combination of reference manual and short story collection rather than a novel.

Don't get me wrong - short story collections are nice, but they're like driving a go-kart while you wait for your Lamborghini to arrive.

The Dresden Files, another series I read, is having similar issues.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:13
I'll have to go visit my daughter; we don't have HBO. :(

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'll have to go visit my daughter; we don't have HBO. :(

So are you part of the .001% that hasn’t seen them? They are simply brilliant, on par with Harry Potter, with blood, gore and gratuitous frontal nudity...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:13
I've seen many of the early ones, either during visits to the kid or during HBO free trials at home. I record as many as show during the free trial period. ;) They are good!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Great series. Enjoy watching. Our streaming service held-up for this season's premier, no crash!

I've also gone back to watch some of the earlier seasons. The characters have noticeably evolved.

And after anxiously waiting for eight years for the endlessly promised winter, winter has finally arrived.

Last edited:

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 19:13
I'm hoked on GoT too, but as I don't have HBO I stream them on an App called Showbox, you can run it through an Andriod emulator called Bluestacks on your Laptop and using a HD cable connect it to your Television.

Streams are near HD perfect, and are available within minutes of the episode airing.

And as you are streaming and not downloading you don't have to run the gauntlet of downloading a nefarious hackers efforts...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
We don't have HBO and also don't have a streaming service. I have seen some clips from YouTube, though, and it would appear that Daenerys is NOT a person to disrespect. She not only has dragon fire at her back but ice in her veins.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I have seen some clips from YouTube, though, and it would appear that Daenerys is NOT a person to disrespect. She not only has dragon fire at her back but ice in her veins.
I have been casually watching the prior episodes. To be brief, in Season 1, Episode 4; Daenerys emerges from meek girl to tough Khaleesi (queen).

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
We don't have HBO and also don't have a streaming service. I have seen some clips from YouTube, though, and it would appear that Daenerys is NOT a person to disrespect. She not only has dragon fire at her back but ice in her veins.

There are times in the series where Dany shows glimpses of the madness her House is famed for. Not in a 'gibbering and seeing dancing hippos wearing tutus' way, but rather in an 'everyone who opposes me will DIE' way.

scott-atkinson

Local time
There are times in the series where Dany shows glimpses of the madness her House is famed for. Not in a 'gibbering and seeing dancing hippos wearing tutus' way, but rather in an 'everyone who opposes me will DIE' way.

It's years of Targaryan inbreeding.. :eek::rolleyes:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
By the way, here's my take on the reaction to last weekend's episode. This is a spoiler, so if you haven't seen it, skip my post. To read it, highlight my post.

15 year-old Daenerys gets raped by Khal Drogo. Fans: Ooooh, drama!
17 year-old Sansa gets raped by Ramsey Bolton. Fans: Ooooh, drama!
18 year-old Arya has consensual sex initiated by her. Fans: OMG SHE'S JUST A CHILD WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS SHOW?!?!?!?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Last night's episode (S8,03), "The Battle of Winterfell" was very disappointing.

I have a personal dislike of "dark" scenes. The entire episode was dark. For that reason it was difficult to see what was going on. So a thumbs down.

Coincidentally, I saw the old episode where Theon captured Winterfell. That reminded me that Theon was more degenerate than I remembered him to be.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Last night's episode (S8,03), "The Battle of Winterfell" was very disappointing.

I have a personal dislike of "dark" scenes. The entire episode was dark. For that reason it was difficult to see what was going on. So a thumbs down.

Coincidentally, I saw the old episode where Theon captured Winterfell. That reminded me that Theon was more degenerate than I remembered him to be.

Agreed! Guess they want the final showdown with Cersei to be the “big show” and not the White Walkers. When the Night King was approaching Bran, I just KNEW it wasn’t Bran but Ayra using her skills...but I was wrong. I think it would have been a cool twist. Maybe I should take up screen writing....?

scott-atkinson

Local time
Personally I felt Cheated... :mad:

Yes it was an epic episode, but for 8 seasons now and in nearly every episode of those 8 seasons someone somewhere has muttered the immortal words 'Winter is Coming'.

Well in S8:3 Winter arrived and lasted all of BLOODY 90 MINUTES... 90 Minutes....

So unless you live in the North of Westeros you would'nt have a clue as to who the Night King is, was, and what all the bloody Fuss with 'Winter is Coming' was about... :banghead:

Would have at least thought the Night Kings army would've made it down to Kings Landing...

CHEATED... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom