How do you plot a normal distribution in Excel 2007? (1 Viewer)

lee91

Local time
Today, 09:45
I am stuck! I have worked out the mean, 102, and the standard deviation which is 9. Now I have no idea what to do. I want to do this is Excel to save time but other answers are very vague and I don't know what to do.
Please help! Give a step by step guide on what to do in Excel and how to plot a chart with the curve. Thanks!

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 11:45
what chart with what curve? a trend line? a scatter plot? a line chart? a combo of both?

and don't expect to be given anything....

chergh

blah
Local time
Today, 17:45
Trumpet boy delivers his usual quality of advice I see.:rolleyes:

Anyway on to your issue. To plot a bell curve based on the mean and standard deviation you use the "NORMDIST" function. See the attached worksheet for an example based on your info.

Attachments

• norm.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,002

Bikers

Local time
Today, 09:45
right click on chart to choose data source, series tab, click add button, click series2 click names: box and select the name(column header) of the same set of data, click values: box and select the same set of data, click finish
2. right click one of the color bar on the graph, chart type, then choose line graph, then sub chart type, click ok button
Then the line graph will be on the same chart with the original histogram, and the line is running on the tip of the bars like a bell
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom