Changing Chart Colours (1 Viewer)

Varzoth

Local time
Today, 04:15
Hi guys,

I'm hoping this is an easy one and I'm just blind and haven't found the right option.:banghead:

I'm just making charts for a dashboard-type form and I want to have the pie charts etc. not all have the same colour scheme for a bit of variety. How would I go about setting a different colour scheme for individual charts?

If you have any ideas I'll be eternally gratefull.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:15
A minor problem is that you can't do this before-the-fact. The chart objects don't exist until you make them, at which point their color scheme will be the default. But once a chart object exists, you can reach in and change the chart colors. You do so by finding the collection of data series and change the color for each series.

You can look up "chart object" here in this forum and see posts about how things can be manipulated. As I recall, the trick is finding the objects. Once you have them, they are not terribly difficult to manage.

However, if you are not familiar with "application objects" then you need to also do some reading on that topic. That is because your charts are managed by a semi-independent utility called MSGraph. You create an app object with it. While it is pretty much like opening Excel or Word objects, it is different in that your data interface is more complex.

The complexity comes in because you draw charts based on data, the source of which you must link to the object. I usually just create static charts by hand and go in afterwards to reassign the colors. But if you want it to be dynamic, it will take some app object work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom