!!!!!WINDOW SIZE & POSITION!!!!! (1 Viewer)

thegump

Local time
Today, 00:06
:confused: I have asked this question 3 times now but for some odd reason I can't seem to get the question right. When you first open an access database you get the main window that allows you to creat tables, queries, forms, reports etc. This is the window that I want to control with code! How can I change this window size and position because it keeps on creaping down the screen everytime I open the switchboard, so when I close the switchboard to get to it its way below the screen and I have to scroll to find it! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Crilen007

Uhm, Title... *shrug*
Local time
Yesterday, 21:06
What do you want to do to it? Maximize it?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:06
How can I change this window size and position because it keeps on creaping down the screen everytime I open the switchboard,

Sounds like your version of Windows has an OEM or 3rd-party "screen enhancer" package. Normally, unless you are doing something very strange already, window position should be repeatable. If it is not, there is another factor involved; hence my comments about a screen enhancer.

The only way to change the outermost (DB) window's size and position is to run code to identify that window's window-handle, then write some VBA code that calls Win32API code that can interact with your window's size and position parameters.

I seem to recall that such code was posted in this forum some time ago. Pat Hartman was the most likely person to have posted. Look in some the sample databases she has put as "stickies" up at the top of the thread list. She might have that code in one of the DBs.

Or search for "Window sizing" "Window Resizing" and similar topics.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:06
Good and totally relevant post, Adam, but you might have noted the date of the last action on the post before your contribution. A 14-year-old post that hadn't been "bumped" for a long time might be considered as abandoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom