Access bug on Update queries (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:02
Oddly enough, I wonder if this bug is related to something else that has sometimes shown up in this forum, and that in fact happened to me once.

The workaround for the bug is to make a single-table query that takes in the whole table (i.e. SELECT * FROM table), then work through that rather than directly updating the table. When I was building some forms bound to back-end tables, I would get a dialog box asking where Access could find the tables even though I had used Linked Table Manager to build the linkages. But when I created the single-table queries and bound the forms to the queries, it went silent and never again asked me where to find the record sources.

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:02
Hey, DO NOT make anything..!!!

After the last window 10 update, something happened to ms office 2016 pack. The only way to fix the problem is to uninstall and re-install the office pack..

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
Hey, DO NOT make anything..!!!

After the last window 10 update, something happened to ms office 2016 pack. The only way to fix the problem is to uninstall and re-install the office pack..
Hi. When you said "something happened" to Office and have to fix it, what "problem" are you fixing? What bad behavior, other than the one we were already discussing here, were you observing? Just curious...

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 01:02
FYI to all - everyone and their dog knows about this. An article on this bug even came through google's news feed about this the other day!

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 06:02
Just tried it in MS Access 2003 and it seems to work. Seriously for me Access 2003 refuses to break - I can still connect to Azure with it.???

In some ways maybe this is a good thing maybe they will test better before release especially for MS Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom