Some site updates (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:02
I have made a few changes to the site:

1. Social buttons have been added to the left of the Thread Tools button. Currently, I am having issues getting these social buttons to go horizontally rather than vertically in Firefox. They are fine in IE. Anyone know why Firefox has them horizontal?

2. At the far right, I have added a Video Tutorials link so more people know they exist.

3. I've added a link to a my discussion forum GoDiscuss.co.uk at the bottom of the forum as a banner and also in the right column in the Other Forums section.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
1. Social buttons have been added to the left of the Thread Tools button. Currently, I am having issues getting these social buttons to go horizontally rather than vertically in Firefox. They are fine in IE. Anyone know why Firefox has them horizontal?

It's to do with the width of the neighboring cell to the left. Reducing the width attribute to 30% seems to take care of it.

I'm guessing IE ignores that attribute and just expands the button cell automagically to fit the content as it is prone to do. Chrome renders the markup the same as FF.

Code:
<td class="tcat" width="70%">
<div class="smallfont">
</div>
</td>
<td id="addthis" class="vbmenu_control" nowrap="nowrap" width="100">Buttons here...

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:02
Hello Jon Very Nice updates...
Jon It will be also a good if you add something like "Solved Sign or a Mark" That We could mark our threads as "Solved"

Thanks

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:02
The element provided for them is defaulting to a small width. Different browsers deal with undefined properties in different ways. It pays to be strict.

Set a width property to 150px for addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style
(or add this to the div where they appear
style="width:150px"
)
BTW I also get the buttons rendered vertically in IE8 when I save the source and run it from my desktop.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
GalaxiomAtHome, thanks for your suggestion. It sorted out this annoying problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom