Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:31

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:31
Absolutely, and I say that as someone who does not take drugs, and won't start if they're legalized. I don't believe that the government should have the right to tell me what I can and can't do in the privacy of my own home. Government's role is to protect me from the aggressions of others. If I smoke a joint in the privacy of my own home, who's the victim of that "crime"?

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 16:31
What type of drugs are you referring to?

Most drugs are legalised already, Aspirin, Ibuprofen...etc, hel you can even be prescribed Methodrine, a Heroin substitute.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:31
My thought is that the 'War on Drugs' in the USA has spent billions of dollars over the last however many years, maybe 30+? and gotten nowhere. That's because the profit motive is too high.

Let's legalize drugs so that we can kill the profit motive for the drugistas and instead allow it to be taxed like alcohol or tobacco. It is clear that after 30 years or more of trying to stop the flow of illegal drugs, we cannot stop it. Let's face reality and figure out a way to reduce the danger to others who get caught in drug war crossfires by making the gangs lose control of that commodity.

If we decriminalize drug use and small-time possession, the folks doing jail time for what is essentially a non-violent crime could be back in society making a living.

The only thing I would do if we decriminalized drug use is that I would put really BIG teeth in the laws about people who drive while under the influence (of whatever is your favorite mind blaster.) Ditto, any other law that puts up hefty penalties for doing something violent or otherwise criminal while stoned. Put the law down hard on the violent anti-social types. Leave the mellowed out stoners to listen to sitar music and watch psychedelic light shows all they want.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:31
Alcohol and tobacco are already legal recreational drugs (though I have never understood the recreational aspect of tobacco).

Both cause far more trouble than all illegal drugs combined.

The illegality is the biggest problem with illegal drugs.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The only thing I would do if we decriminalized drug use is that I would put really BIG teeth in the laws about people who drive while under the influence (of whatever is your favorite mind blaster.)

I have always thought it odd that one is allowed to drive under the influence of tobacco.

It can even be taken while actually driving. It is illegal to use a mobile phone when driving but apparently quite OK to light and hold a burning cigarette in one hand. :confused:

I have even seen people roll cigarettes while driving.:eek:

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I have seen people light cigarettes with matches (and the window down) while driving, talk about distracted.

fortion

Registered User.
Local time
if by drugs,you are referring to coke,meth etc....no way should they be legalised....in a society where we are trying to move away from cigarrettes,you just cannot risk the introduction of such life taking drugs

Salinger

Registered User.
Local time
It's not something I know a great deal about but as alcohol and tobacco are already legalised and cause trouble for society, I don't really understand the reasoning behind keeping them illegal. I think we need ot look to other countries who have different laws.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Since January 2009 in Ontario Canada, it is illegal to smoke in motor vehicles with passengers under 16 years of age in the vehicle.

I have always thought it odd that one is allowed to drive under the influence of tobacco.

It can even be taken while actually driving. It is illegal to use a mobile phone when driving but apparently quite OK to light and hold a burning cigarette in one hand. :confused:

I have even seen people roll cigarettes while driving.:eek:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
From 1919 to 1933, USA tried and failed miserably to illegalize alcohol. The biggest result of 'prohibition' was a raise in often violent crimes. The only way they could reduce the crime level was to make alcohol legal.

It's not something I know a great deal about but as alcohol and tobacco are already legalised and cause trouble for society, I don't really understand the reasoning behind keeping them illegal. I think we need ot look to other countries who have different laws.

Lableason

Local time

It can even be taken while actually driving. It is illegal to use a mobile phone when driving but apparently quite OK to light and hold a electronic cigarette in one hand. :confused:

I have even seen people roll cigarettes while driving.
:eek:
I don't take cigarette in driving. because this can make me accident. so i always give concentration while driving. i have some basic rule in my mind. but i wanna give up smoking.

Last edited:

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:31
Here is my take on weed. Born in 1949 so that puts me right in the middle of the 60's. I don't have to tell you how that life was , good sex and great drugs. Now going on 65, it has mess up my brain cells. Its hard for me to remember name etc. I think if you talk to any pot smoker for a few minutes, you will find out they can't remember things that happen just a few years ago. Now if they admit it, that will be one thing. Talk to a pot smoker for about 20 minutes or so and have them tell you some life events. Then go back the next day and see if they can remember. Not saying all, but a good majority won't be able to.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Joe,

Why did you delete your post?....I was in mid sentence then poof gone. Really irritating I wasn't even going to bag on you. Well respectfully disagree sheesh. :banghead:

Unless it was deleted and restored, Joe's post from earlier today is still there.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Now going on 65, it has mess up my brain cells. Its hard for me to remember name etc. I think if you talk to any pot smoker for a few minutes, you will find out they can't remember things that happen just a few years ago.

This description also fits a good many people who never smoked pot.

BlueIshDan

☠
Local time
Today, 13:31
I have read an article on how the lead of the "US War Against Drugs" had allocated money towards the research on how Marijuana is bad for you and the results had come out stating that when digested in high concentrations it rejuvenates your body to the point that it fights off / reverses the mutation of cells (cancer).

Needless to say, the project was set ablaze and berried deep into the lies of our governments.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I don't smoke, but I did kill a number of brain cells in college through alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom