Back making Access databases (1 Viewer)

ncwatt

Local time
Today, 14:54
Hi folks,

Around 7 years ago I left IT management and joined a whole different kind of career. So, it's even longer than since I worked on Access.

Well, I joined a new department this week and the IT department at my current employer gave a 3 to 6 month turnaround for a database to run our work stream. Unable to wait any this length the boss turns to me (clearly been reading my application!) and asks if I can do it asap!

I'm back at it and have used a number of threads on this site to refresh my memory of Access and VBA so I thought I would join up. Hopefully I'll get my flair back and be able to contribute.

Cheers guys

Nick

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:54
Hi Nick. Welcome back to Access and to this forum. Hope we'll be able to help you along the way.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54
Welcome, Nick. A little advice: Pick the most important parts of the work stream first. I started a similar project to support our department of about 35-40 admins (varied over time depending on too many factors). I had something running in 3 months but it took me two years to get the whole schmeer programmed. And of course, things change over time as new regulations come into play, so it was a never-ending job.

ncwatt

Local time
Today, 14:54
Welcome, Nick. A little advice: Pick the most important parts of the work stream first. I started a similar project to support our department of about 35-40 admins (varied over time depending on too many factors). I had something running in 3 months but it took me two years to get the whole schmeer programmed. And of course, things change over time as new regulations come into play, so it was a never-ending job.

Yeah, I've been given 2 weeks to get version 1 up and running. It will be basic, but at least it isn't lots of different spreadsheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom