Norton 2006 Systemworks (1 Viewer)

Emmanuel

Master Tech
Local time
Today, 07:34
Hey,

I just got my new version of SystemWorks 2006 premium. I installed and updated the whole thing. I just noticed that I have the same problem I had with 2004 which was not present in 2005 but it came back. If any of you have this application out there you will find that when installed on your system, it slows the system down by a very noticeable amount. Also the processor light of my computer is not always on as if the processor is always running. As a test I un installed the whole Norton 2006 and replaced it with Norton 2005 and also tried it with Avast anti virus and it works fast and without a problem.

Is anyone out there that has this same problem and any word on how to fix it? Like I said I use to have Norton 2004 and I went through the same thing but that time there was a code fix for it online that corrected the issue as of now nobody seams to know what the hell I am talking about except for my boss who just bought Internet Security 2006 from Norton and told me the next day that his computer was extremely slow.

I hope someone can help us out with this or point me in the right direction before I just burn the damn thing and light my cigar with it.

Thanks in advance,

Emmanuel

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:34
Lighter at the ready !

I must admit I've never used Norton because of the symptoms you describe ! and you have to pay for it ;) I'm sure a patch/ fix will be available soon but I have to recommend AVG. It's very light on system resources (including e-mail scanning), it's free, updates available daily and comes highly recommended.

I know you've paid for it and I don't like saying this as I prefer to fix the problem than get rid of it but I personally wouldn’t touch Norton with a barge pole, yes it is industry recognised but for a home user it always seems to have problems with system resources.

BTW if you do uninstall it make sure you remove all the entries in the registry as it lingers around and can still conflict with other anti-virus programmes.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:34
I would stick with Avast. Avast is fast, low on system resources, reliable, always updated, and best of all...FREE! Why pay for software that is completely the opposite! Norton is just too much of a resource hog and unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom