Help with scanning documents (2 Viewers)

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
I would appreciate some help with scanning documents. My wife is a on-the-road salesperson that takes her customer orders by filling in a preprinted form that must be sent to the distribution center. We have been scanning them to .gif format (as this results in the smallest file size) and emailing them. The problem is that the scanned image comes out larger (26.58" X 36.37") than the actual document (8.5" X 11") so we have to resize before sending. I'd like to skip this resizing step but can't figure out why the scan comes out larger. I'm using Microtek ScanSuite on the 300dpi B/W lineart preset.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
Autoeng said:
I would appreciate some help with scanning documents. My wife is a on-the-road salesperson that takes her customer orders by filling in a preprinted form that must be sent to the distribution center. We have been scanning them to .gif format (as this results in the smallest file size) and emailing them. The problem is that the scanned image comes out larger (26.58" X 36.37") than the actual document (8.5" X 11") so we have to resize before sending. I'd like to skip this resizing step but can't figure out why the scan comes out larger. I'm using Microtek ScanSuite on the 300dpi B/W lineart preset.

Why don't you scan them into Adobe Acrobat instead? This would at least save them as a document instead of a picture file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom