Can you set default attachment format for different email addresses? (1 Viewer)

KevinSlater

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:02
Hi all, In outlook 97 I have to send email to people who use different email software (such as lotus notes) therefore when attaching files to a new email I sometimes have to change the attachment format of the new email otherwise the receiver of the email wont be able to view the attachment.

When I create a new email I have to do the following to change the attachment format:
Click file > properties, then send options, a switch between the different formats such as UUENCODE & MME

However this can get very annoying having to keep switching between the different formats & sometimes I (or other users) forget to do this and the receiver then wonders where the attachment is!. :mad:

Is it possible to set the default email attachment format for different email addresses? :confused:

Regards

Kevin

KevinSlater

Registered User.
Local time
Hello all, i guess this is'nt possible as no one has replied to my question?, if someone could confirm that this is simply not possible that would be good, because at least that way i would know for sure & not keep wondering if it is possible. :confused:

does anyone know if is possible to set the default email attachment format for different email addresses in outlook 2003?, i would consider upgrading if you can.

Thanks, kev

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
I don't think you can as it's a setting for outlook as a whole :( I think it''s the same for 2003 though it is in a different menu. I can't really think of a way around this - sorry

KevinSlater

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your reply Minkey, ok thats a real shame :( seems like a bit of a flaw in the outlook software to me :mad: looks like ill just have to keep switching between different email attachments formats. I hope one day Microsoft will change this, I guess it doesnt affect too many people though to make them change it any time soon.

Regards

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom