Dialer.GBDial (1 Viewer)

shadowraven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:43
I have this on my pc which norton blocks every time and claims to delete. Yet every time it says it has it appears again.

I have searched for ways of removing this thing but cant get any joy please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Dialer.GBDial

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 14:43
Download and install ad-aware.

http://www.download.com/3405-8022-5153545.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

Run it, it should detect the dialer as spyware and try ti remove it, if it can't, it will ask you to restart your computer and when it boots up before the task manager can loan anything, will attempt to delete it again.

If you can't install anything, check your task manager to make sure the dialer is not running, Norton can have a difficult time deleting a file if the file is currently in use.

shadowraven

Registered User.
Local time
I've tried it but it doesent detect it at all and I cant see it in my process list. I have tried safe mode but I cant run norton in that so im lost what to do next. Do you think any online virus scanners or something can get rid of it?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Try this:

First ensure it's not running - shutdown anything suspicious in task manager (if you unsure do a quick Google on the exe file)

Turn off system restore !

Clear your cache - in IE > tools > internet options > an click delete files on the temporary internet files for Firefox tools > options > privacy > cache > clear cache now

See if that gets it - if not post back and we'll try a manual unistall.

shadowraven

Registered User.
Local time
sorry this reply has been so long but I thought my problem had been resloved but now it still keeps happening again and again so im getting annoyed. could anyone show me how to do a manual uninstal or something please:mad:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 19:43
Maybe this might help.

Go to :
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html and download "Download Autoruns and Autorunsc.
Install autorun on your PC. If you run it , it indicates what programs are running and starting up.
The dialer is probably in an other program, so you'll have to search in the start up list. Once found click the relevant button on the left side to ensure that the program is not started up.

Hth.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Rac's prog might help but you can view all start up programmes by typing msconfig in the run prompt and click on the startup tab. This will show you all the item that will load on windows start. Check these for any thing suspicious also note the registry key for it's location (if you can - it's a bit of pain as by default the window is not resizable) and untick it. Also check the Services tab as well, there will be a load in there but again check for anything odd.

Next do a search for the item on your PC and delete it also take a note of the name of the folder it is in (if there is any)
Then go into the registry (type regedit at the run prompt) and go to the registry location noted in step one. Also to a search for the item as it will be in other places as well. The most likely places will be in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

and the same keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

BE CAREFULL - don't delete the entire key just the entry in the key - if your a little unsure do a back up of the registry (file > export)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom