# and * not Autocompleting in ComboBox (1 Viewer)

paulhbaillie

Local time
Today, 12:31
I have a combobox with a few columns. The bound column is an ID field which is hidden, the displayed column is a text. The data that makes up the text includes items that start with # ie #+++Feta Cheese.

When you enter # Access will not autocomplete and the only way you can select the item is to open the combo box and scroll down and select the item you want.

IF the first character is a space and then #, it will auto complete.

I am trying to get the client to drop the # but until then does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this annoying problem.

Thanks
:banghead:

paulhbaillie

Local time
Just a quick note. The ability to autocomplete with an item starting with # seems to work fine on Access 2003. The client is now on Access 2016 (Office365). I am not sure but it might be a recent thing, as we converted them from 2003 to Access 2013/2016 last year, I think if there had been a problem then, they would have complained, but I am uncertain.

The other change that happened since 2003 is that the combo box is populated by an ADO recordset, where as previously the box was query built on link access (mdb) tables.

paulhbaillie

Local time
Ok a bit of further testing and I think I have tracked it down to the ADO recordset which we are passing to the combo box... if the combox is connected directly to the table then there is no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom