how to enable horizontal scroll in listview?are there a conditions for that(size)? (1 Viewer)

LUIZ GUILHERME

Local time
Today, 03:27
Hi everyone. I have visual basic comunity 2017, and a program with a form, a listview, a label and a button, with which I test cloning several Column headers with names “col 1”, “col 2”,etc.
As I add column headers, the label shows the number of columns, no matter how many. That’s ok.works
The cloning part is ok too,off course, because the label shows correctly as I add the columns. I clone hundreds if I want.
But the problem is that, no matter how many column headers get in listview, listview just can’t show neither the headers beyond the size of the listview (although label shows them growing..), neither the horizontal scroll of the listview. In other words, they are being created but can’t be seen because there’s no horizontal scrolling.
Below is the code I’m using (“visible = true” and “details view” are used when form is loaded. See the code please)

Attachments

• cloning headers.docx
    12.9 KB · Views: 280

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:27
I noticed that you have yet to receive a reply. Hence I'm bumping your post of the list, so it gets another look, and maybe someone will come back with an answer.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what do you mean by listview - not a term used with Access. Do you mean a listbox? or a datasheet? or something else?

LUIZ GUILHERME

Local time
Today, 03:27
Hello.I'm sorry.. isn't this about visual basic? Im confused.. how is access related to visual basic comunity 2017 please (can be,but not necessarily)?..

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
its about vba rather than vb and this is an access forum which uses vba. the languages have a lot of commonality, but the construction of forms is completely different. I'm sure there are some responders here that have the level of knowledge you require (regret I don't) but you will probably get a better response from somewhere like stackoverflow or a vb specific forum. Or perhaps just google your question and see what comes up. A quick google found this thread for example

https://www.daniweb.com/programming/software-development/threads/438650/listview-scrollbars-allow-scrolling-but-hide-the-bars

not sure if it meets your needs, but it's a start

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom