Printing help Please (1 Viewer)

Confuseduk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:16
Hi
I have a working database my work (self employed driver).
Up to now I have been using a hand written form to record my jobs but I would like to have all this computerized.
I have a Customer Table (CustT) with Customer Details And a Job Table (BookingJobT) with Details of my runs.
My relationship is a one to many between [CustT] [CustID]and [BookingJobT] [BookingJobID].
I have a working form (thanks to some help from Mike60Smart) which has customer details as the main form with a subform within for the job details.
To display my jobs I can Select Customer and cycle through that customers jobs using the navigation keys.
I have designed a Report to display the results as per my old written forms via a print button on the customer form.
However every time i try to print the job my printer prints a list of each of that customers jobs.
How do I program the button to print only the job that is on display on my screen with its heading?
Thanks.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. What does the code for the print button look like? You should be able to modify it to add a criteria or where condition to limit the report to the current record.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:16
Or post your database with some sample data + name of the form where the button is.
Zip the database because you haven't post 10 post yet.

Confuseduk

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for both of your prompt responses.
Here is a copy of the Db

I am not too sure what is behind the buttons but it is the print record button on the customer form.
I have tried writing code to make the button work :banghead: specifically using the me. Statement in vba (thinking this is what i need) but I am still in very early days of learning the complexities of Access and it would be nice to have a working db meanwhile.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Copy to Send.zip
    869.6 KB · Views: 121

KHallmark

Registered User.
Local time
In your report you can group your jobs by client. Right click on the client's name and click group on. It will show all the client's jobs, but not show the client's name over and over.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:16
add an Unbound textbox that will hold the JobNumber and include this as Criteria on your macro.

see the form in design view, also the macro that runs the report for the changes I made.

Attachments

• Copy to Send.zip
    872.4 KB · Views: 115

Confuseduk

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all so much for your inputs and help, especially Arnelgp who has made it work for me for the first time in about 6 months (I'm obviously a slow learner).
I shall Study the changes that yu have made and try to learn for myself for the future. Meanwhile I can begin to update the tables again.
Thank you again
Nigel :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom