have a list of numbers in access and I want to show them in a special way (1 Viewer)

mazinareqe

Local time
Today, 13:02
Hello,
I am new to this forum and I want to learn from you.
I have a list of numbers in access and I want to show them in a special way when displayed in the report or print preview.

Attachments

• number.jpg
    number.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 56

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:02
Hi. You should be able to use the Format() function. Maybe try something like:
Code:
Format([NumberField], "0000 0000 0000")
Or something similar...

mazinareqe

Local time
Today, 13:02
no 0000 0000 1
But arrange the numbers in the pages

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:02
First, how are those numbers stored? Because a LONG integer can only store 9 full digits. So there is something you aren't telling us about the numbers. Now if you had a newer version of Access, you could do something with a QUAD integer and get 12 digits out of it. But you can't do that wiht 32-bit Access so easily.

Second, according to the picture, you have groups of three in a section but the grouping seems to jump from page to page. So this is a case where a picture WASN'T worth a thousand words.

Normally, the easiest way to do this is to have extra fields that do the grouping and ordering for you, because the odds of getting that right in a straight SQL query are not so great. (Not at all impossible... just nasty.)

Try to describe this requirement in English.

Note also that if you DID cross-post as jdraw linked, it is considered poor manners to not tell us. AND if instead this happens to be a homework assignment, it would be nice for us to know that, too.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:02
it will not be easy. first add an int column to your table and fill with number which are group. ex, for serial 1,2 and 3 you put to the column 1. for 7,8,9 the number 2 and so on. build a query and sort then my the new column and serial. build a report against the query.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:02
if there are two many serials to manually enter their sequence, you have no option but to do it in vba (see open event of sample report).

Attachments

• serial.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom