Open last database when access is opened (1 Viewer)

Gregory Peck

Local time
Today, 18:14
Hello. I just got some great help from this forum so I thought I would try my luck with another question.

A few years ago I set up a database and form for our products. At the time I found a setting that makes it so that access will open to the database that we are using when we open access. It worked great but then I made a new updated database and no matter what I do I can not get it to not open the first database when opening. I made yet another newer version but it still opens the the first database I made years ago when I open access and I have to go to file/open and select a the new version.

Any ideas on how to clear out the old one and put in the new one?

Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:14
Hi. Interesting. How exactly did you set it up? When I open my Access program, I get a screen showing a list of all "recent" files/database I opened earlier, so I can choose from it the one I want to open or browse to a new one.

Gregory Peck

Local time
Today, 18:14
If you go to File/options/client settings ans scroll down to the advanced area there is a check box to "Open last used database when access starts".

If I uncheck the box I get the list to open from. Recheck it and it opens the old sheet. Errrr

mike6271

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:14
Double clicking the accdb file will open the file.

Surely that works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom