Remote Access to Database (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:12
It might be worth my while logging the form/control usage on the lesser used ones

Concur. Not only would you get a sense of popularity (for lack of a better term) but you would be able to tune the timers. And knowing which forms are used most also helps you choose which forms need more tweaking, 'cause we ALL know that you never get ANYTHING exactly right the first time. It will tell you where to focus. And it will also tell you where to look for possible optimization efforts.

Not only that, but having a form usage entry in a log (and maybe a form exit) will help you debug crashes, if any, because you would have a hint as to trouble sources. In my case, I logged form & report opening, form closing, and all ACTIVE button clicks like SAVE and CANCEL and ENTER (meaning "new record" in my case) and REMOVE and such like that. Didn't log the HELP button and there were a couple of others that I didn't log - but ALL buttons updated the timer because that meant someone was there.

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
Today, 13:12
Heather ,
I was suffering of the Same Problem long time ago , but The Good News, there's a possible way , its fast solution with stable performance ,
- Use LOGMEIN HAMATCHI VPN NETWORK , I already Use it , so MS access database can connect Through The Real IP Of The VPN Network Created By HAMATCHI , I Already Have Remote Server , Contains SqlServer2014 - i already attached split access database back end in SQLSERVER and i connect with MS Access App Front End With Linked Tables

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:12
A VPN will work but there is still the issue that if the VPN "rides" a WAN, it will be less stable than a LAN. It will always be about the reliability of the VPN.

Not to downplay ahmedjamalaboelez's attempt to help. It IS a solution. Just be sure that you understand the stability metrics of the connection. A connection that crashes on a VPN is just as damaging as a connection that crashes on a WAN. Does exactly the same damage. Takes just as long to repair. Go into such a solution with your eyes open. But in the same paragraph, thanks for the suggestion, ahmedjamalaboelez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom