Multi-Column Report (1 Viewer)

jsic1210

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:16
Hi all,
In a report that has multiple columns, is it possible to have a report header that is centered and spans across both columns?
Thanks!

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 18:16
Is that not something you can change in the Properties of the Header? Align = Center?

jsic1210

Registered User.
Local time
No, I'm only able to center it within the text box. The text box only spans across the first column. Like this:
Code:
Header
Column1   Column2
But I want this:
Code:
------Header------
Column1    Column2

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
Today, 10:16
Can you post your report with dummy data?

I do this all the time. Here is how I do it:

Depending on the complexity of my report, I use the group function to create a separate header bar for all of my headings. I remove the one I want centered from the layout and put it above the others. Then I make the text box big enough to span the whole width of the columns. Then use the center text option in Home>Fonts. It works for me but there are probably many ways to do this.

Hope this helps.

jsic1210

Registered User.
Local time
EternalMyrtle,

Sorry for the delay, but I put this project aside for a while. I'm able to span the report header across multiple columns, but not group headers. Are you saying you create a group header using an expression as opposed to a specific field?

Thanks,
Jeff

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
Here is a simplified example. Is this similar to what you are attempting to do? If not, perhaps you can post your report and table so I can see.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Example.accdb
    500 KB · Views: 211

jsic1210

Registered User.
Local time
No, I have multiple columns in the report (Page Setup > Columns: Number of Columns: 2, Across, then down). I'm using it as a sub-report, so that's why it's Across then down.
I've attached a dummy database. The group header is City, so I want the city name to span across multiple columns, but as you can see in Print Preview, the city names get cut off going into the second column.

Attachments

• Weekly Report Distribution List.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
Yes, I get it now. The problem is with the multiple column layout in page setup for printing. I thought that by "column", you were simply referring to the report controls as "columns" since they are technically columns in your table.

Unfortunately, I have tried using the multiple column layout in page setup and have not had much success getting it to look the way I'd like it to look so I cannot help you.

Sorry!

jsic1210

Registered User.
Local time
No problem, I had that feeling. Thanks for looking into it!
Another problem I'm having with that report is that each group is printing on a separate page. Do you know if there's a way to fix this? I have Force New Page set to No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom