Add Existing package to solution (1 Viewer)

Tupacmoche

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:54
SQL Masters,

When I open my solution and right click on SSIS packages I get a short cut menu 'Add Existing package' I have used this method to bring in packages. What, I need help with is when I have to bring in code that is in the File System. In SSMS -> Object Explorer Details when I right click on a Job and select 'steps' from the left hand options I can click on Edit on the bottom which opens the Job Step Properties. There on the bottom, I can see the package name when the 'Type' is SQL Server Integration Services Package' but when the type is Transact-SQL script, I simple see a window where SQL code has been added.

Now to the question: How do I copy this kind of package using the Add Copy of Existing Package into an SSIS container?:banghead:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54
I note that your question has yet to receive a reply. Hence I am bumping it up the list so that it gets a second shot!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:54
Transact SQL is not a SSIS package so you can't import it into Visual Studio as one. It is literally only SQL that the job is executing in that step. There isn't a SSIS package to import in that type of step.

Am I understanding the question correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom