Report Groupings Issue (1 Viewer)

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:14
Hi All,

Unfortunately, I can't share the database for confidentiality reasons but here is what I want to achieve:

- Every Subject has a set of students
- some subjects share the same student list
- rather than listing the students under each subject separately, I wish to have a format where I list the multiple subject names at the top of the report with the name of the shared student list in the detail.

I really dont know any method for this, any ideas?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Just a thought but maybe how about a subreport? If you take out the confidential info and replace them with dummy data, will you be able share the db then? Just curious...

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:14
So as example: students A, B, C are in subjects 1, 3, 4, 7; students B, D are in subjects 2, 3, 7; students A, D, E are in 1, 5, 6, 7. So I see that all are in 7. Can rearrange these courses and students into any of a gazillion combinations. Which course rosters would you want to combine?

Last edited:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:14
sort your report by subject, then by student.

the report carries it's own sorting, if the query isn't already sorted in the order you want. The sorting in the report then gives you options to add group totals and so on.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Use the report wizard to figure out all the sorting a grouping, then tweak the design to your liking. I know the wizard's in Access are not held in high regard, but they can show you what you are lacking when it comes to design elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom