Cannot delete spreadsheet cells. (Error 3435) (1 Viewer)

gnu@this

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:12
I have an Access 2007 macro that has run fine for years. Now it balks and I get a "Cannot delete spreadsheet cells. (Error 3435)" message during export to Excel. I have looked over the posts, I don't have any formulas in these cells, the page is not protected or hidden, etc. I am exporting as Excel 97-2003 (that seems to work better for me) and I do specify a range. Other than that it is very simple.

I think it is probably simple since it worked before. I just can't figure it out. Thanks for looking!

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 06:12
I seem to recall that this error was caused by there simply being any data in the area where you are attempting to paste the new data. I could be wrong, but you could try clearing all data from the area where you want the new data before attempting to do the export.

Just my thoughts.

gnu@this

Registered User.
Local time
Well, it was worth a shot, but it didn't seem to help. The irony is this: It appears that all the data is transferred, but since it throws an error it interrupts the macro, and won't continue.
Still looking.....

gnu@this

Registered User.
Local time
Nope, hold the phone, I found it! Thanks for looking, everybody!

gnu@this

Registered User.
Local time
<<sighs with embarrassment>>

I had the macro posting the same table to two different spreadsheets by design. I was wracking my brain to find the problem with the first export. It was the second one, 6 lines later, that failed. When I did a Step By Step, it became obvious. Should have tried that much sooner.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:12
<<sighs with embarrassment>>

I had the macro posting the same table to two different spreadsheets by design. I was wracking my brain to find the problem with the first export. It was the second one, 6 lines later, that failed. When I did a Step By Step, it became obvious. Should have tried that much sooner.

Thanks for that. Don't feel too bad. I think we've all done something similar at one time or another. I know I have. :)

gnu@this

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, and the failure was that I was trying to overwrite cells with equations in them. Living and learning.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 11:12
I know Access 2007 has been out for a while but interestingly you said ..."I have an Access 2007 macro that has run fine for years." Did you get an advance copy.:) If I've told you once I've told you a million times, "don't exaggerate."
David

zerotax

Local time
Today, 04:12
I solved this error by deleting the original spreadsheet I was trying to write to. After that it worked fine. I was able to recreate the file in Access and to update it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom