Newb, thank you all for the help so far! (1 Viewer)

kyle13um

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:21
Hello everyone!
I'm very new to Access and currently working on a PITA project :banghead:. I've relied heavily on this forum and many others to problems solve, thank you for all the information already provided!
I'm a pharmacist living in WA state that loves taking on projects that no one thinks they need!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:21
Welcome onboard AWF !

Can we ask awkward medical questions ? ;)
Not for me obviously, for a friend....

kyle13um

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, please do!! ;)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:21
Hello, kyle13um - glad you joined us. I've been to Washington state once, a long time ago. It is a bit far from my home in south Louisiana. I loved the scenery and the people, but one thing that stands out in my memory is fresh apples sold from the back of a farmer's truck.

Near Yakima, my parents and I were playing tourist and found a guy selling his produce on the side of the road. To us that was familiar because here in Cajun country, that happens too. In our case, he would have been selling strawberries, peaches, and oranges. There, he was selling apples and dark cherries. YUM. One apple was the size of my two closed fists together and was enough that I didn't need anything else to eat until supper.

kyle13um

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, it can be beautiful here, cold winters though! They grow all kinds of stuff in the Yakima Valley. Not quite as much in Spokane, but we have a big group of farms up north of us (Green Bluff) where you can go to get pretty much every type of produce the PNW produces. You can pick your own too at most of the farms. You should definitely check it out if you're ever in the neighborhood again!

I've been to New Orleans once, and can't wait to go back! The food is amazing and the people are so friendly. I'm from Montana originally, so I really appreciated the sincerity and kindness of almost everyone I met.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:21
You get cold winters, we get miserable summers with 95 degr F and 95% humidity. But our winters are marvelous - snow about once every seven years, maybe less than 20 days total when the temperatures get as low as upper 20s in my neighborhood a few miles NW of the main part of town near the shore of Lake Ponchartrain.

I guess it all evens out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom