Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 06-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
June7
AWF VIP

June7 will become famous soon enough June7 will become famous soon enough
Return to Top

Have a 'return to top' button in thread. Like at UtterAccess and AccessForums. I prefer UtterAccess approach.

June7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to June7 For This Useful Post:
Tera (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,072 Times in 1,053 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Return to Top

I second the motion...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theDBguy For This Useful Post:
Tera (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,526 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

How do you mean that? Top of page or top of thread? Because the HOME key will take you to the top of the page anyway (for most browsers).

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,845 Times in 2,593 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

...and the End button takes you to the bottom (end) of the thread

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
June7
AWF VIP

June7 will become famous soon enough June7 will become famous soon enough

Guess I've never done that. It's a long reach for me but will try to use. However, if I am on mouse, would like to just click button. Just like options.
June7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
Tera
Newly Registered User

Tera is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
How do you mean that? Top of page or top of thread? Because the HOME key will take you to the top of the page anyway (for most browsers).
Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
...and the End button takes you to the bottom (end) of the thread

Now a days, having a mouse for right hand and a space pro for left hand is common. Using keyboard short cuts are too far and out of rich.
For me keyboard is only for typing mails, not working on applications.
So having a button on the page is much more convenient.
Tera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #7
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

That looks fun! I've added a space pro to my wish list.

A button may well be more convenient but all Doc and I were doing was showing that the functionality is available now.

Each forum has slightly different functionality.
Only the site owner Jon is able to make changes.

AWF is using an older version of the vBulletin software than AF.net and I don't know whether the Top button functionality is available. UA uses a different forum application.

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

Last edited by isladogs; 06-07-2019 at 11:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Tera (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 12:09 AM   #8
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about

Wouldn't you need to be ambidextrous to use that.?

FWIW I still use Ctrl + (C,X,V) rather than right click, most times.

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gasman For This Useful Post:
Tera (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 04:57 AM   #9
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,526 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Some of us old toots learned back in the MS-DOS/Wordstar days about shortcut keys and that is why we still use them. Lifting your hands away from the mouse now and then might help if you have incipient carpal tunnel syndrome.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Doc_Man For This Useful Post:
Tera (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 06:17 AM   #10
Tera
Newly Registered User

Tera is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
That looks fun! I've added a space pro to my wish list.
I know itís a bit expensive, but once you start using it, you cannot spend a minute in front of your pc without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
Wouldn't you need to be ambidextrous to use that.?

FWIW I still use Ctrl + (C,X,V) rather than right click, most times.
My mouse comes with 12 buttons. Several buttons are dedicated to these short cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
Some of us old toots learned back in the MS-DOS/Wordstar days about shortcut keys and that is why we still use them. Lifting your hands away from the mouse now and then might help if you have incipient carpal tunnel syndrome.
Iím another old toot who has started from DOS. But my job requires me to run ahead of others.
Tera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #11
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Thanked 1,883 Times in 62 Posts
Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

You can just press Home on your keyboard to take you back to the top. Or End to take to the end. Did anyone know that?

Jon
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:31 AM   #12
isladogs
Part time moderator

Hi Jon.
Yes some of us did. See posts #3 and 4.
However, the OP would prefer the button rather than using the keyboard

Website links:

Colin
Old 06-27-2019, 01:42 AM   #13
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

Oops, missed that it was already pointed out.

I wish an iPhone had a back button like on Android.

Jon
Old 06-27-2019, 01:46 AM   #14
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,646 Times in 3,516 Posts
CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light

I can see the benefit of a button for those users using their smart phone or tablet - but would need to fix the the fact the whole page scrolls at the moment. Perhaps with floating buttons that don't scroll?
CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:49 AM   #15
Jon
Access World Site Owner

This sites software is not very "mobile ready." It's too old.

Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: