How to populate a text box and field based on combo box value? (1 Viewer)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:43
Glad you sorted it - I was trying to figure out how to word my reply to steer you in the right direction.

Me. is used to refer to the current form object. When you use it in the VBA editor you get Intellisense assistance to pick up the right control names, hopefully !

If you can while you are still on the learning curve try and get into the habit of renaming your controls on forms so they are different to the defaults of the field name.
e.g. if your Field name is BudgetRate then call your control txtBudgetRate this makes sure you refer to the control rather than the field.

In fact a naming convention is a great thing to adopt full stop. http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0012.htm

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I am guilty of that I'm afraid, especially when I use the wizards to create a form based on table or query, so I thought 'why not write something to rename them'?

Created my own little program and then discovered this
:banghead:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I used to have an addin that would do this, lost it along the way, so that code will be very useful thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BadBoy House

Registered User.
Local time
Hi all. Just wanted to come back and say thanks again for all the assistance with this project.

We went live with the database about six weeks ago and it turned out to be a big success. No problems whatsoever and the introduction of the database has made a big difference to the organisation of jobs within the office.

Thanks again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:43
Hi all. Just wanted to come back and say thanks again for all the assistance with this project.

We went live with the database about six weeks ago and it turned out to be a big success. No problems whatsoever and the introduction of the database has made a big difference to the organisation of jobs within the office.

Thanks again.
Hi. Congratulations! Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom