Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Introduce Yourself

Old 06-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #1
axsprog
Newly Registered User

axsprog is on a distinguished road
Dale in Pennsylvania

Hello all. My name is Dale I reside in eastern PA. I have been using Access since version 1.0 and developing with Access since 2.0 (Access basic) Former Full-time Employee for Microsoft Corporation as guess what... Initially support engineer for Access, then tech-lead, then Internal Trainer for Microsoft Learns, where I taught the support engineers for Access and VBA how to support the product.

Since 2003 I have been an independent Access/SQL developer and it has provided me well, and afforded me to live in England, and also to develop Project MGMT tools as a contractor in Angola Africa(offshore) for 2 years

I am 58 and have a 2 year old son named Kaiser, we live in an old (early 1800's) stone farm house on 2 acres, and he is my retirement LOL

axsprog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,093 Times in 1,074 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dale in Pennsylvania

Hi Dale. Welcome to the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #3
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about

Hello Dale and welcome to AWF! It appears we will be able to learn a thing or two from you...

Old 06-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #4
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,079 Times in 4,014 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Dale. I have 3 & 1 year old grandkids and they wear me out, and I'm only in charge for short times. Sending energy your way, you'll need it!

pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,649 Times in 1,531 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Hi, Dale. I've got two local grandkids that kept me active for a while (they are older and more mature now) plus one living three states away.

Here's hoping you don't have to correct us too many times when we say something.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,958 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dale. Welcome. Glad to have you on board. As Doc said hope you can keep us all on the straight and narrow without too much effort. We are all here to learn.
I have 4 grandkids 5, 7,11 and 13.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #7
axsprog
Newly Registered User

I remember PBaldy specifically from DB Forums (what ever happened to them? Great site ) we have actually exchanged personal code snippets If PKStormy is here I need to thank him personally for the pop up calendar - I used that last week on a Cement Truck Scheduling app I built in a hurry to mimic SchedulFlow for a concrete company. There are not any active X controls (I'm on Access 365) for embedded sub form calendars - his is great - he should sell it LOL I am on a major push to get an ADP file conversion completed but I will try to contribute as much as I can for the next couple of weeks. Access Forums are the best forums, and so are the people. Here is the scary thing guys (guys means all humans to me so troll me) I have been an independent contractor doing Access applications since leaving Microsoft in 2003, and it is all I have done other than SQL connectivity which is a must , for the last 16 years and it keeps paying the bills. I finished an application for a chevron contractor about 5 years ago. I was working rotational in Angola Africa, offshore, where I wrote a turn-key Construction Management System for a 700 million dollar (yes 700 million) platform construction project, All in Access /SQL and out paced the P7 guys because while I was RAD they sat around in rooms going over textbook SDLC. I love Access , I am passionate about it, and I hope I can help you guys.

Old 06-16-2019, 05:20 AM   #8
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,604 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Hi Dale
You mentioned PKStormy in your last post. He is a member at AccessForums.net but AFAIK isn't active here at AWF.

Welcome from me also. I look forward to your contributions at this site.

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #9
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,079 Times in 4,014 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsprog View Post
I remember PBaldy specifically from DB Forums (what ever happened to them? Great site )
Was that the one that had to change its name and became MDBMakers? That was a great site (and I thought your user name sounded familiar). The owner decided to let it go. I managed to save a few of JasonM's FAQs and host them at my site.

pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
axsprog
Newly Registered User

DBForums was my favorite go to site AT THE TIME - now AW is of course. I wish I had metrics from back then but the number of members , articles, on-line people any given day, posts just crushed every one. I am sure AW has the same amount ,if not more , data and helpful people.

Thanks again guys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: