Data properties appears to be overridden! (1 Viewer)

BRS

Local time
Today, 23:26
Hi,

I have a form called frmElements which has its Data Entry and Allow Additions properties set to 'No' so that only existing records can be edited, this is all good and works fine when used from the Navigation Pane.

I have created a macro which opens this form from a button on the ribbon, this is where the problem lies because it opens the form and allows new records to be added, I know this because there is an empty record with an '*' at the bottom of the form. If I change to design mode the Data Entry and Allow Additions properties are still set to 'No', when I then change back to form view the form functions as it should.

It does not seem possible to set form properties using the macro builder and it appears to override the forms property settings.

Any suggestions?

I am using access 2010 on a Windows 8 machine.

Thanks

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:26
Leave the "Data mode" argument blank, (in the macro).

BRS

Local time
Thanks for the reply JHB, but this does not appear to fix my problem.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Be me it works, could you show your macro, (Print Screen)?

OpenForm Macro Action:
Data Mode.

The data entry mode for the form. This applies only to forms opened in Form view or Datasheet view. Click Add (the user can add new records but can't edit existing records), Edit (the user can edit existing records and add new records), or Read Only (the user can only view records). The default is Edit. Notes

• The Data Mode argument setting overrides the settings of the form's AllowEdits, AllowDeletions, AllowAdditions, and DataEntry properties. For example, if a form's AllowEdits property is set to No, you can still use the OpenForm action to open the form in Edit mode.
  • If you leave this argument blank, Access opens the form in the data entry mode set by the form's AllowEdits, AllowDeletions, AllowAdditions, and DataEntry properties.

BRS

Local time
Hi,

Please see attached image for further information

cheers

Attachments

• Acces-form-small.jpg
    Acces-form-small.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 103

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
No easy to see what the settings are!
Post a stripped version of your database with some sample data, (zip it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom