shareholders distribution (1 Viewer)

hassanlabban

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:40
Hi All
i have a database which i can track sales and purchases, and ultimately i can track expenses and revenues. i am trying to create something in the DB to have it give me the dividends which should be given to the shareholders in every quarter. i am a bit out of ideas on how to extract the data from the expenses part and the revenues part to create a link between them and be able to find the net profits.
here is the setup of my DB:
1- one table having expenses with dates and items purchased with unit cost and quantity and i can get the total expenses
2- another table having sold items with quantities and unit price and i can get from it the total revenue
3- i have a third table which has all the items lists of the things which are bought and sold as lists only, without cost and price

any body would be able to guide or suggest a way to get an accurate dividends data from the above or anything additional is required?

thanks all

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 07:40
Expenses and revenue should go in the same table. Think of it as a checkbook--you write checks, you go to the ATM, you have automatic bills paid (all expenses/debits) and you also log deposits and interests (revenue/credits) all in the same register--you don't keep 1 for debits and 1 for credits. That way you add the credits and subtract the debits and you have your balance.

Same principle applies to revenues/expenses--they should be in the same table.

hassanlabban

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:40
Hi plog
thanks for your reply.
so with what you are saying i need to redo my revenues and expenses to be in the same table which will cause some major work to my DB keeping in mind that i have a WMS and purchasing and CRM modules in it and this might affect of these modules in a way or another. isnt there a way to keep it in the current setup and create some kind of a link?
moreover, i think with the new setup i will need to have the purchase orders table to the same table of the expenses and the revenues to have a consistent setup of a DB. is that correct or am missing anything somewhere?

thanks
Hassan

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:40
you are actually reinventing a "general ledger" or "nominal ledger", as part of a double entry bookkeeping system.

you just need suitable accounts for the dividends.

profit/expense account for "dividends" and balance sheet account for "dividends payable"

you need to have a reasonable understanding of double entry, though.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 07:40
keeping in mind that i have a WMS and purchasing and CRM modules

I have no idea what you are talking about, so I can't even get it into my mind to keep.

If you can post your table structure I can pose suggestions as to how to structure your data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom