access report on matrix printer (1 Viewer)

senseidan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:43
I am trying to print a short access report on Epson LX-300+II and I have two problems:
1)the report begins to print with 15 seconds delay
2)I can't choose the font I need, respectively Draft Condensed, because it don't show up in my Text Box Property Sheet
After some investigation, I have come to the conclusion that maybe I need a way to use the printer built-in font but I don't know how to format the report to achieve that . Can anyone help me with this?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I am trying to print a short access report on Epson LX-300+II and I have two problems:
1)the report begins to print with 15 seconds delay
2)I can't choose the font I need, respectively Draft Condensed, because it don't show up in my Text Box Property Sheet
After some investigation, I have come to the conclusion that maybe I need a way to use the printer built-in font but I don't know how to format the report to achieve that . Can anyone help me with this?

I have no idea! - BUT I did find this:- http://vbcity.com/forums/t/77065.aspx

senseidan

Registered User.
Local time
Uncle Gizmo, thank you for the links. Unfortunately, they did not help me. However, I found some interesting things, especially in the third link. For my part, somehow I managed to solve the problem with the delay by unchecking bi-directional support in the printer driver settings. To my surprise, this change had the effect of instantly sending the report to the printer. Regarding the need of condensed font, I managed to get what I wanted by adjusting the cpi (characters per inch) to a satisfactory value. Not perfect, but for now an acceptable substitute.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I managed to solve the problem with the delay by unchecking bi-directional support in the printer driver settings.

I don't know why, but that rings a bell with me!

When I first became interested in computers, it was setting up a printer with escape codes and the like that nearly drove me mad!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom