Web Subform issue (1 Viewer)

Stefan

Local time
Today, 07:24
Hi all,

I only recently started to work on my first Access project so I am new to the the tool and this forum.
While I find Access 2010 quite intuitive and while there is quite a lot of documentation out there, I came accross a particular problem now for which I cannot find a solution.
Would anyone be able to help me please?

I am building a web database for my team. The idea is to have a some general information at the top and an order history further down the form.

I used a contact web template and create a second table for the orders. Since its a webform I had to relate these tables in the tables themselves, rather than in the relationships section in "database tools".
I also created the form which sits on top of the order table.
The next step would be to drag and drop this form as a subform into the master form and that doesnt work.
I suppose I need to relate the two forms, but dont know how.
There is no option in the data tab of the property sheet to "link maste fields" or "link child fields" once I click on the tab into which I would like to drag and drop the subform. The properties sheet says: "Selection type: page" once I click the field into which I would like to pull the subform.

Am I not seeing the trees for the wood?

The All Access section on the left contains a number of forms that came with the web template. I could drag and drop all forms that contain a little web icon. My newly createdform, however, does not - not sure if this is relevant.

Any help ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks
Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom