Access 2010/Windows 7 Library Issue (1 Viewer)

deltagracesun

Local time
Today, 14:17
Question... I have a 2003 Access Database that has been working just fine. (Left it in 2003 so it could be digitally sign to avoid enabling security settings everytime. All of our computers are on the NMCI platform with the Navy resulting in limited resources.) Most users have Windows XP platform as I did... until last week when I received a forced Windows 7 update. Since then, I have accessed the database, made design changes, and such. Somehow (maybe since I own the database) this has caused the remaining XP users to have issues with the VB code. Windows 7 users are fine.. just as they were when I was still an XP user. The error that the XP users get is something to do with missing librares. I figure that the library references are too new for them in the new Access. The database is using 14.0 references now. Can someone help me to include older libraries so that the other users can use the database? Or offer another opinion of a potential problem. (I did try to update the database to .accdb and the XP users still couldn't use it.) I appreciate it. Hope I have sufficiently included everything here. Thanks.
R/
Dawn

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:17
In the VBA UI, select from the menu Tools | References on the XP/Office 2003 PCs. You'll see the missing references. Untick the 2010 refs, and scroll down to the right versions.

Access will automatically update the references to the newer ones on the Office 2010 PCs. Only problem is that it is one way. The older software does not "know" of the existence of the later versions of the References.

Get into the practice of doing a Compile when you are in a mixed environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom