Word to Access Export (1 Viewer)

William0322

Local time
Today, 16:32
Hello all. I have a form that our recruiters fill out in a Word document and we create offer letter from.

My question here is it possible to export this form to Access or create a form just like the one I have in Word with all the check boxes and all? Basically, I want to do this so that Access can also keep a database where we keep a track of all the forms sent as well as emails that are sent to the candidates.

The Form created in Access also has to be more interactive like it will contain variables depending on the boxes checked and data entered. Please take a look at the attachment and let me know if it can be done or if I am just going out of proportion.

Attachments

• RFO Snip.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 91

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 22:32
It shouldn't be a problem to create a form like that in MS-Access, but what do you mean when you write:
Access also has to be more interactive like it will contain variables depending on the boxes checked and data entered

William0322

Local time
Example: IF the Drug Screen Box is checked Yes an email address MUST be provided and depending on the State the candidate is from is the attachment that will be sent with the instructions for the Drug Screen... There are other things like this throughout the form I would like to add also... Where do I begin creating this form? I have one that I started to work on already and I want to add this form to my current file...

Note: This is only part of a bigger database I want to create and definitely need the help from someone creating this

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
..I have one that I started to work on already and I want to add this form to my current file...
You can import forms, tables, queries etc. from other databases using the "External Data".

William0322

Local time
I'm in the External Data tab but don't see where I can import from Word to Access?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
I'm in the External Data tab but don't see where I can import from Word to Access?
Word isn't a database, so create a form in MS-Access which reflect what you've in Word.
You can use the Form wizard to create the form, then it put all the controls in the form referring to the table/query the form is based on.

William0322

Local time
OK. Let me start to work on this and I will get back to you ASAP... Thank You

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:32
Something that I never tray but I'm pretty sure that work: a database in Access (tables, relationships, forms etc) linked to an Word document.
The DB should update the "fields" in Word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom